Tuesday, January 19, 2010

guess what!

soo last night i was changing Olive`s diaper and decided to let her go bare bottomed for a while. 30 minutes into it, she started fussing and squirming so i grabbed her potty bowl and stuck it between my legs, sat her up against my tummy with her butt over the bowl, and we waited. less than 3 minutes later, we had pee AND poop!

don`t i have the smartest, awesomest baby in the history of the universe? right afterward i told her, " you pooped in the potty, you smart lady! you`re amazing!" and she just had a huuuge grin on her face.

this makes me insanely happy. if i had just put her diaper on like normal, she would have pooped right away and sat in it for far long than i`d ever want to sit in my own poo. which is never. plus, now this whole task doesn`t seem so daunting, now that we`ve begun.

on a side note, a local baby store is hosting a natural parenting class every week, and we`re going tomorrow! i`m so excited to meet other parents. none of my friends have children. no. thats not true. the ones who have children tend to stay home though. wonder why?

i`m also going to bring in my slings `cause i don`t really feel comfortable with them yet. they`re too narrow or long or her head is smooshed against her chest. maybe someone will see a repositioning or adjustment that makes them better, or else i can give them away to someone who enjoys them and i can get a moby. those things look so comfy!

well, that was a quick one. thanks for listening to me brag about my daughter! love!

1 comment: